____________________________________

Thursday, October 08, 2015


New Billy Graham Book Is Focused on Heaven


At the age of 96 (soon to be 97), Billy Graham does a lot of thinking about heaven and eternity. The title from WHERE I AM is unusual and comes from John 14:1-3 but also a statement, Mr. Graham proclaimed after his 95th birthday saying, “When I die, tell others that I’ve gone to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ—that’s where I am.” 

I purchased a copy of this new book last week when it released in the bookstores and then I read every chapter before I wrote or published anything about it.  Many times I see people writing a review or thoughts about a book which reveals they haven't read the book. It lessens your credibility if you write such things in my view. I always read the books that I review.

All 36 chapters in this well-written book are crafted from different sermons that Mr. Graham has preached about heaven. The chapters start with Genesis and cover the entire scope of the Bible through Revelation. 

I was fascinated with the contents and especially Chapter 24 RIGHTEOUSNESS FOREVER, The Everlasting Foundation (about 1st  and 2nd  Corinthians), where Mr. Graham writes in the opening, “Staying youthful was always a goal of mine. Nothing in me was attracted to old things, not even to my wife’s beloved antiques. When I was young, I could not imagine being old. I had an unusual amount of energy, and it followed me into young adulthood. When middle age set in, I dealt with physical weariness, but my mind was always in high gear, and it never took long for my physical stamina to return after a grueling schedule. I fought growing old every way I could, faithfully exercising and pacing myself as I began to feel the grasp of Old Man Time. This was not a transition I welcomed, and at one point I began to dread what I knew was coming.” (Page 177-178) Like the rest of the book, this chapter focused on eternity and that as Christians we will spend eternity in heaven.

I found reading this book fascinating and encourage every Christian to marvel at how the theme of eternity and heaven is woven into the fabric of every book in the Bible. I highly recommend WHERE I AM.

W. Terry Whalin is the author of BILLY GRAHAM, A BIOGRAPHY OF AMERICA’S GREATEST EVANGELIST learn more at: http://BillyGrahamBio.com


AddThis Social Bookmark Button
SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend


Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comment:

Post a Comment


That's the writing life...

Back to the home page...