____________________________________

Tuesday, January 08, 2008


Excitement Builds For Teleseminar Event

On Wednesday evening, January 9th, I will be interviewing eight top publishing professionals about what attracted them to a particular book proposal or book manuscript. The excitement is building as people register for it. It's not too late for you to register at this link.

It’s left me little time for writing these entries about The Writing Life. I've learned the hard way that if you are going to put together one of these events, then you need to do the behind-the-scenes work to make it successful. If some detail isn't right, it can bring huge problems.

One of the keys to holding a successful teleseminar in my view is to include a study guide. This guide can be as simple or as complex as you want to make it. I've created one for this event and it is on the confirmation page for people to download and prepare for the teleseminar. Beyond space for notes from the various speakers, I've asked each one if they had any background material about book proposal creation. Several of them gave great material. My study guide for this event is 65 pages and added tremendous value to the experience.

As for what will be said during the teleseminar, I have some ideas but no specifics. It will be a give and take conversation about the characteristics of successful book pitches with each participant. I'm eager to see what we learn from the conversations. In between the conversations, I'm going to be encouraging the listeners to learn more about Proposal Secrets and the value built into each of the 50 answers. Here's another one of the banners, I've prepared for this course:

www.ProposalSecrets.com

Hope to see you at the teleseminar.

Labels: , ,

2 Comment:

At 1:26 PM, Blogger LAUREN at Faith Fuel Left a note...

The tele-seminar was excellent! I loved the variety of your guests' perspectives.I'm still chewing on the things I learned, and mulling over the wonder of this great adventure we embark on when we decide to write.

 
At 8:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a note...

Terry, I also listened to the teleconference and I felt it was an excellent presentation with a wide breadth of commentary. A definite must from the aspiring to the professional. Nice work!

 

Post a Comment


That's the writing life...

Back to the home page...