____________________________________

Thursday, January 03, 2008


Start 2008 With A Bang

I don't know about you but I have high expectations for the new year. But I have done more than simply dream about what I want to happen. I've been putting shoe leather to my plans. I've been working on one of my most complex product called Proposal Secrets.

www.ProposalSecrets.com

For example, this banner is just one of several that I've had created for the product. What in the world is Proposal Secrets? It's an ecourse to answer the most frequent questions that would-be authors have about book proposal creation. I hope you will go to the website and check out every word on the page about the product. Notice an image of an audio postcard on the page and a little link next to it? It's a sample of what you will get with proposal secrets. The link opens a postcard where you will hear me answer a frequently asked question--but wait there is more--notice underneath the recording buttons, there is a link to the transcript. I'd encourage you to download this transcript. It gives the written version of my audio teaching.

Some people are audio learners while others prefer to read and re-read something and highlight it as they read it. You can use both methods of learning with Proposal Secrets.

Besides my hard work on the product, I've done something extra with this material--I've gathered terrific bonuses which will add even more value to this product. I've checked out these various bonuses and they are items which will help any would-be author.

What's the best way to launch a new product like Proposal Secrets?

I'm eager to get the word out to as many people as possible, so I'm holding a live teleseminar on Wednesday, January 9th with five editors and three literary agents. I hope you will check out the landing page for this teleseminar--and the various participants. These individuals represent many years of publishing experience and they will be talking about the characteristics of a book proposal or manuscript which they caught their attention and they championed to publication. The principles will help any author learn about what they need to do when they pitch their book idea.

I've got great dreams for what’s ahead in 2008. I love what Cynthia Kersey at Unstoppable sent out in my email today. She sent a quote from Robert Collier who said, "Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out."

Hope you will participate in the January 9th teleseminar.

Labels: , ,

7 Comment:

At 6:26 AM, Blogger Kristi Holl Left a note...

Excellent post, Terry! You've obviously worked long and hard to prepare for this day and this release. Your quote about success being the sum of small efforts done daily is SO TRUE. I think my goal this year is consistency in my writing, my marketing, my health, etc. I expect 2008 WILL be a big year for you--but you've been doing the leg work for a long time!

www.Writers-First-Aid.blogspot.com

 
At 2:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a note...

Frankly, Terry, I think this is an extremely valuable offering. Whether the teleseminar or the course, I believe so much in this I'm telling my colleagues as well partng with my own hard-earned cash to get the 4-1-1. As an author of more than 20 books, I think this kind of advice can beenfit writers of all levels.

 
At 7:10 AM, Blogger Gina Conroy Left a note...

If it's okay with you, I'd like to repost this on my group blog Writer...Interrupted!

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger Meghna Left a note...

My New Year resolution for this year was to write a book, even if a 50 page children's book.

I have wanted to do this for a long time, but never got down to it since it always looked like a big project. And then i stumble on a post by James Brausch on How to write an ebook in 30 days. you may want to check it out at http://www.jamesbrausch.com/

That post gave me the much needed post nad helped me ghet rid of my apprehensions too. And now reading your post, I think I may finally get that book written and published this year. I will definitely be there for the teleseminar.

Have a nice day

 
At 2:16 AM, Blogger Robert Lloyd Left a note...

I've just visited James Brausch's site as you suggested and I have to say that I am very impressed!

There's a lot more than just writing tips there.

 
At 7:31 AM, Blogger Suzanne Lieurance Left a note...

Hi, Terry,

You always have great ideas for becoming more successful. Thanks for sharing.

Suzanne Lieurance
The Working Writer's Coach
http://www.workingwriterscoach.com

 
At 7:57 AM, Blogger Terry Whalin Left a note...

Hello Suzanne,

Thank you for the feedback. There are many factors involved in becoming successful in the publishing world. Much of it is out of our immediate control--yet as writers and communicators, we need to be aware--and excell on those factors which we can control. Then we can sleep well knowing we've done our best.

Unfortunately many people lack the education to know what they need to do to excell and that's part of what I'm attempting to provide with this teleseminar training and Proposal Secrets.

Terry

 

Post a Comment


That's the writing life...

Back to the home page...