Catch this Book Marketing Resource
For almost a month, I've had a browser window open to catch this interview with John Kremer, author of 1001 Ways to Market Your Books for Authors and Publishers. I receive blog post email updates from Joel Friedlander and this interview looked like a good one. I didn't have a chance to listen to it—until today.
Joel has the link to the audio on his website or you can watch the interview on YouTube. You can download the audio and hear it on your computer or iPod. I listened to the audio version and found it fascinating.
To quote Joel's blog:
“John’s three top tips:
- Build relationships with bloggers
- Blog tours with big blogs to be effective
- Social sites where readers congregate
- What killed the Amazon Bestseller campaigns
- The role of social media in book marketing
- John’s three favorite social networking sites and why
- How to connect with thought leaders on social media
- Automating your marketing efforts
- How John uses Twitter lists
- Why John doesn’t check his Twitter DMs
- How blogs help authors market
- What to do about ebooks
- A quick way to raise your book’s ranking in the Kindle store
- The problem with book trailers
- The power of women in book marketing”
I found the discussion between Joel and John engaging. Both of these men know a great deal about marketing and selling books. I recommend you take notes and apply it to your own books.