____________________________________

Friday, July 27, 2007


Regular Writing Encouragement

Some regular readers of these entries about The Writing Life shook their heads in wonder when they read their email. Others probably discounted me as wasting my time. I'm talking about the latest issue of the Right Writing News which I sent out about 1 a.m. Pacific time. It contained 22 pages of rich writing content from many different writers and sources.

While the length of each issue varies, I'm committed to producing a quality publication for my readers and for several years I have consistently delivered it. This 28th issue included a variety of articles from different authors with each focused on helping the reader improve their writing craft. Some readers have told me they would pay for such a material but I'm giving away this content free. In fact, there are over 400 pages of how-to-write information that only Right Writing News subscribers can access.

If you aren't a subscriber (or horrors, you've dropped your subscription), here's the good news. You can still get the information because if you subscribe, you will receive a link which gives access to the back issues--including the one that I sent today.

For many years, I worked as a magazine editor. I know the routine of gathering quality articles for my readers. I'm always looking for additional articles to use in future issues of the newsletter. If you have some of this how-to-write material, drop me a note and let's see how we can get some of it in a forthcoming issue.

I hope each of you will be subscribers to my newsletter. More than simply getting on the list, I hope you are reading and your writing career is improving as you read (and practice) the teaching in these articles.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comment:

At 6:49 PM, Blogger Richard L. Mabry, MD Left a note...

Terry,
I decided to stop reading my wife's issue off her computer and get back on the subscription list myself. Excellent issue. I'm going to need to take some time to digest all the good stuff. Thanks for making it available.
PS--Did you get the novel I sent you to critique?
PPS--It's in the same envelope with the proposal I wanted you to finish writing for me.

 
At 4:47 AM, Blogger C.J. Darlington Left a note...

Thanks for all that you do to encourage writers, Terry.

 
At 7:04 AM, Blogger Crystal Laine Left a note...

Sometimes when you are sitting in the middle of nowhere, the only encouragement comes from your computer in this "writing life."

This blog and the Right-Writing News is chock-full of encouragement, advice on writing, answering questions I sometimes didn't know I had. The experience accumulated there is more than at a university.

Thanks for doing this.

 

Post a Comment


That's the writing life...

Back to the home page...