____________________________________

Thursday, October 30, 2008


Proven Success-Generating Habits

Where do you find proven success-generating habits? Most of us in the writing community seem to learn through trial and error. Most of those attempts fall on the error side of the equation if the recent queries that I have received are any indication. Like the one from a Canadian author who began, "Dear Ms. Whalin." It definitely caught my attention and I put it in the "no, thank you" category.

Last summer when I was at Book Expo in Los Angeles, I picked up Turn It Up!, How to Perform At Your Highest Level for A Lifetime by Dr. Jeffrey Spencer. This former Olympian, team member of eight Tours de France, chiropractor and Life Coach knows something about this topic of success. Here's the link to my review on Amazon. I used my highlighter a great deal as I read through this book because it contains wise and practical advice.

Toward the end of Turn It Up! Dr. Spencer covers a series of universal habits to help live a more fulfilled and successful life. These include:

1. Laugh daily.

2. Get enough sleep.

3. Stretch daily.

4. Recharge regularly. In this section he wisely writes, "The best time to take a break is before one is needed." I appreciated the practical nature of this book and how the principles are applicant to many areas of life--not just our writing.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Labels: , ,

1 Comment:

At 3:15 PM, Blogger Avily Jerome Left a note...

Sounds like a good book, thanks Terry!

One of my personal favorites in a personal growth category is "Launching a Leadership Revolution" by Chris Brady and Orrin Woodward.

It's a step-by-step approach to developing yourself as a leader, whether it's in Church, Work, Home, or wherever else you are.

 

Post a Comment


That's the writing life...

Back to the home page...