____________________________________

Monday, October 20, 2008


A Thought-Provoking Article on Blogging

Andrew Sullivan is a senior writer for The Atlantic magazine. Often I will see Sullivan as a part of The Chris Matthews Show. He is a thoughtful and politically astute commentator and writer.

This weekend I was reading through the November issue of The Atlantic and enjoyed Sullivan's article, Why I Blog. I recommend this piece for your own education and reading pleasure.

Tonight I'm driving to the west side of Phoenix to repeat a workshop from last summer on Why A Writer Needs A Literary Agent. I'm looking forward to it.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Labels: , , ,

4 Comment:

At 2:25 PM, Blogger Diane Eble Left a note...

Thanks for bringing this fascinating essay to our attention, Terry. It just underscores to me that we're in a whole new era of publishing. The old era publishing is passing away, and a new era of publishing is phasing in--and constantly morphing. One can find it depressing or fascinating--I choose to find it fascinating, a time of great opportunity.

I also posted a commentary on my blog at http://www.yourbookpublishingcoach.com.

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger Krista Phillips Left a note...

Have fun at your workshop!!!

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger Avily Jerome Left a note...

Thanks for that link- that was a great article! It really makes you think twice about what you put on your blog and why.

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger Terry Whalin Left a note...

Avrily,

Many people forget the public nature of blogging--and because of how the information is stored online--the lasting nature of those entries. It is not something to be paranoid about--but you do need to be conscious of it. I am with every entry.

Also Krista, thanks for the good wishes. Last night was fun--and I got a new product from the recording.

Terry

 

Post a Comment


That's the writing life...

Back to the home page...