____________________________________

Sunday, October 31, 2021


Organized Chaos


By Terry Whalin @terrywhalin

For the last several weeks, we have been planning to move. We are only going five minutes down the road to the neighborhood where we lived about five years ago. Whether you move across country or down the street, it is still a complex situation.  For my writing life, most of it is fairly organized into different categories and tasks. In general I have my various writing tasks organized and tackle them in a consistent and regular basis. Our move has thrown a wrench into some of those plans and added even more complexity. It's something I'm calling organized chaos.
 
Even while moving, I have to keep my various Morgan James Publishing authors moving forward through the publication process.  I have to keep my various writing tasks (like these weekly articles) moving. My various social media posts need to continue on a regular basis. Will something get missed in this process? Probably but not for lack of planning and trying on my part.
 
When you have a life distruption headed your direction (something like a move, an ill child, an illness, a broken down vehicle or any number of other things), how do you handle these elements?
 
My encouragement in these articles is to have created an organized system then use that system to complete the various tasks. For example, I use hootsuite to schedule my social media posts and I have scheduled the bulk of these posts through when my move is taking place next week. I've successfully used such a system when I travel and teach at conferences. That experience is going to serve me in this situation as well.
 
For any of us, life is filled with complexity. Each writer needs to figure out a way to handle this complexity and continue to meet deadlines and produce. Outside of these blog entries, from time to time as I have opportunity, I write other places. To end this post, I want to show you these new articles. I wrote an article about The Challenge for Every Book Author (follow the link). Also I asked the question, Do You Know Your Competition? then I answered it (again follow the link).
 
How do you handle the chaos of life? Is it organized? I look forward to your comments.
 

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comment:

At 6:22 PM, Blogger Kay DiBianca Left a note...

Good luck on the move, Terry!

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger Terry Whalin Left a note...

Kay,

Thank you for this comment. Moving is always a lot of work--even if a short distance. There are many moving pieces to be resolved but it's been a good one for us.

Terry

 

Post a Comment


That's the writing life...

Back to the home page...