Three Easy Steps to Sell Digital Photos Online
You’ve heard that you can make money selling your pictures online. And you’ve heard that anyone can do it, even those without fancy equipment or expensive training.
The good news is that what you’ve heard is true!
Here are the three easy steps you need to take to start cashing in on this profitable opportunity…
Step 1: Find out what people want.
You can’t just put any old photo online and expect to make a fortune with it. Sure, you may make some money just by luck. But if you’re serious about making money, then you need to sell the stock photos, photo packages and photo products that people are willing and eager to buy.
• See what they’re already buying on stock photo sites. Most sites tend to designate their “hottest” photos and/or they list how many people have downloaded the photo.
• Ask your market. That’s right, put out a short survey to find out you’re your prospective customers are interested in buying.
Step 2: Shoot and edit your photos.
Once you know what people want, then your next step is to take your photos and edit them using software (like Gimp.org).
Tip: The key is to focus in on one subject and to remove the clutter from the background of the photo. You’ll also want to take close ups of your subject.
You can then use your photo-editing software to:
• Crop the photo so that the subject of your photo is the main component in the picture.
• Remove grain and other noise from the picture.
• Create special effects, such as blurring part of the photo, turning it into a black and white or sepia photo, etc. Just be sure that any special effects you use actually enhance the photo and make it more desirable to buyers.
Step 3: Make it easy for people to find your photos.
Even if you have the best photos in the world, you won’t make a dime if no one sees them. That’s why you need to advertise your stock photos, packages and photo products.
There are plenty of ways to do this. Here are three popular ways:
• Start a blog. You can get a free one at WordPress.com. It’s a great way to draw traffic in from the search engines as well as keep in touch with your prospects and customers.
• Upload your photos to multiple sites. Where allowed, be sure to upload and advertise your photos and photos products on as many sites as possible. For example, you can sell products on CafePress.com, Zazzle.com and other photo product sites.
• Sell them on eBay®. Here’s a whole community of people just looking to buy stuff – so tap into these buyers by selling your photos and products here!
The above three steps give you a great start to making money online with your digital photos. However, if you want to move from making a few dollars to making a living, then you need The 31 Day Guide to Selling Photos Online. You can use the Ebook risk free for 60 days. If you take action, you can be making money on your photos in this amount of time. Use this link to get your copy.