____________________________________

Monday, May 21, 2007


Soak In The Information

These days I don't spend much time in my car. Because I don't have a long drive to get to my workplace, my time in my car is often limited to a few minutes each day when I drive to my mailbox and return home. That time amounts to about 30 to 45 minutes a day or not much time. I've been in jobs where I've had a much longer commute in the car but even on a short drive, there is an opportunity to soak in information--if you choose to take this path.

I could be listening to the radio, music or something else. Instead, I've been listening to the Mega Book Marketing University 2006 tapes--a conference which I did not attend but I know many of the speakers personally. I've met Susan Driscoll, president of iUniverse on several different occasions but until I reached her presentation at Mega I had never heard her speak to a group. Her insight was fascinating. You can catch some of her information about publishing on her iUniverse blog and I liked this entry about returns (something most book authors never think about but is a critical part of the overall process in traditional publishing).

My idea for you with this entry is to look for short bursts of time when you can soak in some burst of information. For example, follow this link for Mega Book Marketing University 2007 in Los Angeles yet look at the special offers in the top right column. Some of these sessions are several years old yet the insight and information is still valuable--yet substantially discounted. I continue to learn a great deal from these older tapes and hope you will as well.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comment:

Post a Comment


That's the writing life...

Back to the home page...