____________________________________

Friday, November 17, 2006


A Simple, Customized Bookstore

Astore-logoWhether you have many books in print—or no books in print, it’s easy to create your own customized bookstore.  For several years, I’ve been using links to Amazon as a way to set up my books from my personal website, www.terrywhalin.com. This week I looked into the Amazon.com aStore program. Just use this link to learn more about how you could do it for your blog or your website.  You don’t have to be a computer geek (I’m not very technical even though everyone assumes that I am). The entire program is point and click and or “what you see is what you get.” It involves no programming or computer skill.

The aStore program allows you to create a store with up to 54 different products which you select.  In a short amount of time, I created Terry Whalin’s Bookstore.  I’ve created a store with my own books but I included the box where Amazon will automatically pick similar items.  The bookstore includes a shopping cart and other features.  It’s free. Yes, Amazon.com gets the money from the book purchase and in a matter of minutes, I’ve created something which helps my audience purchase my books. It is worth looking into from my view.

If you look at the bookstore, notice the second item beside Book Proposals That Sell. It’s my Amazon Short called Straight Talk From the Editor, 18 Keys to a Rejection-Proof Submission.  The text is there and available but I’m fine-tuning the cover with Amazon so I’ve not officially launched the product. If you want to get a jump on it—go for it. At 49 cents, it’s the most affordable product that I’ve put together. If you don’t know, the Amazon Short program highlights an original piece of writing.

If you are looking for a way to highlight good books. It’s the easiest system I’ve ever seen to quickly add your own bookstore.

2 Comment:

At 10:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a note...

This is brilliant. I've been thinking I wanted something like this on my blog to highlight books I think are worthy. It would be great when coupled with reviews.

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger Crystal Laine Left a note...

You always have the coolest things to point out. I've always wanted my own bookstore--and now I can have it. I'm with scriptorius rex in that I think it's a great idea.

Keep on blogging--we appreciate it much more than a lot of us convey to you.

 

Post a Comment


That's the writing life...

Back to the home page...