____________________________________

Friday, February 02, 2007


Open Every Door of Opportunity

As an author, I want to knock on lots of different doors of opportunity, then be prepared to march through any of them when they open. It takes courage to often knock in the face of rejection but the opportunities will never come if you don't continue trying. I know those last statements are not real profound. You would be surprised how many would-be authors give up during the journey. They should continue growing in their craft and ability to write. Plus they need to continue knocking on the doors of opportunity.

As an illustration, I'm going to use my Book Proposals That Sell. This proven book continues to help various writers with their dreams of getting a traditional publisher for their book. Last week I heard from another author who had used the information in this book and received a book contract. I'd much rather have someone pay me to write a book through writing a book proposal than self-publish (or pay someone else) to get the book into print. There are many reasons to take this route yet many have not found the right keys to open that door.

If you read these entries, you know I've worked hard (and continue to work hard) to get the word out about the results from Book Proposals That Sell. I continue to sell and promote the trade paperback through different channels. This promotion will continue as I speak at different conferences in the months ahead and other means. Many of you who read these entries have encouraged your friends to purchase the book, held it up at other conferences and used other means to spread the word about this product.

This week I've opened another door of opportunity for this book. Now anyone reading these words can promote Book Proposals That Sell to your own Ezine or your own audience--and profit from it financially. I hold the exclusive electronic rights for this book. I've created a new electronic version of the book and created an affiliate program. You can see my new promotional page for this book at this link. You can join my affiliate program here. The affiliate program is a simple registration form (three minutes or less to complete). You will have access to various promotional tools such as advertising you can slip into an email or your Ezine or banner ads you can use in HTML newsletters or on your personal website. Why would you do it? I'm going to send you 50% of the profits for any sales from it (much higher than Amazon.com's Associate program or almost any other means).

In the past, I've attempted to get publishers and literary agents to include the book as a recommended resource. A few people (not many) have taken this step and included the book on their websites. Now I've increased their motivation because they can actually earn money from the recommendation. I was trying to appeal to their noble nature and get better book proposals--which I know firsthand comes from someone reading and applying this information. If you have an Ezine or a website or an email list of people who dream of getting a book published, go over to this link and sign up for the Affiliate program, then apply the information wherever you can do it.

I want to knock on every door of opportunity and help as many people as possible. The results can be better book proposals and increased success for everyone.

4 Comment:

At 9:54 AM, Blogger Ernie W. Left a note...

Hi Terry, I now have a link on my blog site. I already had a link on my webpage for you, but will now also include the new link for Book Proposals That Sell. I always make an effort to recommend your book to anyone who tell me they are interseting in writing.

Ernie

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger Unknown Left a note...

Terry, I've researched Site Build It! and intend to use it soon. My question is this: I want to market myself as a copy writer and a novelist. Should I keep everything on one web site, or split the two?

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger Bonnie S. Calhoun Left a note...

Well so far here, you have three members of the CFBA supporting you! LOL...we'll have to spread the word to the rest of the crew!

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger Catherine West Left a note...

I'm on board, Terry! I don't get much traffic on my site, but I'd love those who do stop by to be able to learn about your book. It's helped me tremedously and I'm thrilled to have the opportunity to promote it.

 

Post a Comment


That's the writing life...

Back to the home page...