____________________________________

Monday, November 07, 2005


A Return to "Normal"

Several days ago, I wrote about the unexpected loops of life. There was such an outpouring of notes and comments about Christine. I wanted to give you an update. She came home this afternoon from the hospital. A ruptured appendix is a major surgery and she could have lost her life with the infection. Thankfully Christine has received excellent care and after six days in the hospital has come home. Her daughter, Kim, has been a terrific help to us along with Mike and Amy, who live nearby. Plus another daughter, Steph, is coming later this week. She continues to make progress as we return to more of a normal life. Her full recovery will take weeks ahead and not just days. In the crack of time, my writing life continues. I’ve got another episode in mind to post soon.

1 Comment:

At 5:14 AM, Blogger C.J. Darlington Left a note...

I was just thinking about Christine last night wondering how she was doing. I'm very glad to hear she's okay. I knew a ruptured appendix was dangerous, but I had no idea it could happen without our realizing it.

 

Post a Comment


That's the writing life...

Back to the home page...